Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Tuning shops in florida

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SC HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2000
    Posts
    505
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    does anybody know a shop that can tune my car good.and how much does it cost for a shop to tune it ?

    ------------------
    94 civic coupe/b18c1
    JRSC @ 10-11 p.s.i.
    Bosch pump,RC 310's
    Cartech 20005
    J&S Safeguard
    Autometer electric fuel gauge
    DC headers,custom CAI

  2. #2
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Spec-R Tuning in Tampa....they are very experienced with tuning the JRSC's and they have an in house Dynojet...give them a call and talk to John Gadd the owner...he is one of the few guys I trust to do work on my car

    ------------------
    John
    Hey what you got in there??(In a redneck voice)
    Oh just a Intake, Header and Exhaust
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe
    '92 Civic VX Hatch...being prepared for MAD BOOST!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SC HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2000
    Posts
    505
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whats up CivicR,i finally finished the pulley,injectors,pump,and cartech fmu.
    its pulling like a bat out of hell now,i just need to tune it now.I was thinking of spec R or streamline,but i dont know if streamline does tuning or not,also braman,but i dont know about them either.Do you think i should put on the STR gears ? would they help with the higher boost levels ?im thinking about a water injection kit now because i want to keep the detonation down,it has risen a little.well,maybe ill see you @ the track.
    i might go to the track this friday depending on the weather,its been raining like crap lately.

    ------------------
    94 civic coupe/b18c1
    JRSC @ 10-11 p.s.i.
    Bosch pump,RC 310's
    Cartech 20005
    J&S Safeguard
    Autometer electric fuel gauge
    DC headers,custom CAI

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SC HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2000
    Posts
    505
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    do you have spec R's phone number,i had it,but i lost it. thanks

    ------------------
    94 civic coupe/b18c1
    JRSC @ 10-11 p.s.i.
    Bosch pump,RC 310's
    Cartech 20005
    J&S Safeguard
    Autometer electric fuel gauge
    DC headers,custom CAI

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey spec-r's number is (813) 910-7235....I know its far to travel but it will be worth it!!....I was at the track last friday...and we are planning to go this friday to...if you see me come and say hi I would like to check out your setup...if you need anymore info on spec-r you can email me

    ------------------
    John
    Hey what you got in there??(In a redneck voice)
    Oh just a Intake, Header and Exhaust
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe
    '92 Civic VX Hatch...being prepared for MAD BOOST!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Arturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 1999
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Even the folks here in Texas know about John and Spec R tunning. Good choice and he is very help full.

    art

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JOHN INTEG LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2000
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF SPEEDTEK, IN JACKSONVILLE? THERE RATES ARE LIKE $100 AN HOUR. BUT IT'S HARD TO GET A HOLD OF THEM.

    CIVICR, ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE. ONCE I HOOK UP MY CRV PULLEY (WHICH I HAD FOR A MONTH NOW) ,I NEED TO GIVE THEM A CALL. AND MY OTHER LIL GADGETS TUNED.

    AND BY THE WAY, WHERE YOU GUYS FROM? I'M FROM PENSACOLA,FL.

    JOHN INTEG LS JRSC

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im in west palm beach...and I have driven up there to his shop...nows that loyalty.. smile...Im not sure how much he charges....but he is very reasonably priced

    ------------------
    John
    Hey what you got in there??(In a redneck voice)
    Oh just a Intake, Header and Exhaust
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe
    '92 Civic VX Hatch...being prepared for MAD BOOST!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You guys really trust Spec-R? I went in there once, I didn't get any real treatment, the place was bare and there seemed like a bunch of kids in there. I'd like to support local tuners and I should be installing my JRSC on my car with some cam pulleys and I need it tuned. I'm gonna take it on your authority on this one. Spec-R is only about 20 min from my house. So what's the real deal, has anyone had a good experience with their cars in there??? Thanks.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    blownintegra...I trust Spec-R completely!! and I have a hard time trusting people with my car!!....I met John Gadd the owner a while back...he is a good guy...they know what they are doing...one of the guys there used to run his Civic VX hatch with a GSR swap and a JRSC running at 12 psi with a 15 shot of NOS...on an engine with stock internals...he ran 11.2's in that car...I witnessed that thing run at the track down here at Moroso..he was pushing over 300 hp at the wheels....and I also have allot of friends that all go to Spec-R also...my good friend Mike got his JSRC Tegs engine built and tuned there..he is pushing 221hp at the wheels at 6psi

    ------------------
    John
    Hey what you got in there??(In a redneck voice)
    Oh just a Intake, Header and Exhaust biggrin
    B18C1 powered Civic EX Coupe
    '92 Civic VX Hatch...being prepared for MAD BOOST!

    [This message has been edited by CivicR (edited July 17, 2000).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •